* Beware of policies that are stripped of coverages that you might need later on when you have something go wrong. Don’t just get one but get several quotes from various New York insurance companies. By starting your search online you will not only save time but money as well since insurance companies keep the best rates for online shoppers.
* Not only do you want to find the right NY health insurance, you also want to make sure that the insurance company is a solid one as well. Find out if they are licensed to do business in New York and you can find out whether they are registered from the New York Insurance Division.
* You want to get a real health insurance plan, not just one that offers discounts on health services. These are generally not recommend by the health care industry and could well be a waste of your money and not give you what you will need.
* If you have questions and concerns, you can also contact the NYC Managed Care Consumer Assistance Program who are able to help you with finding Brooklyn health insurance as well as any other area in New York.
* When you have a health insurance policy, make sure that you know what rights you have. Should there be any issues while buying you policy, or if you are concerned about where you are getting your insurance from, know what rights and protection is available to you.
* Had a recent job loss due to your job moving overseas? The Trade Adjustment Assistance Reforms Act may be able to help and cover up to 65% of your health insurance for at least one year.
* You can also check if you are eligible for the New York state-sponsored health program that provides streamlined health insurance coverage at a cheaper price for individuals. This could certainly be something worth looking into!
* If you simply can not find a New York health insurance plan that works for you, there is partial coverage through a program like Medicaid. As a federally funded program you must meet certain criteria in order to be accepted into the program.
* Early retirees who lost their health coverage can also take advantage of federal Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation, they will be able to pay for 65% of health insurance costs.
* Once you’ve done your research and found a New York health insurance plan, you might want to talk with an agent before signing up. Ask them to review it and see if it’s the best fit for you.
These suggestions can help you in your search for a low cost New York health insurance policy that provides you with the best quality care when you need it.